Hemp flour is a high-fibre, gluten-free ingredient which everyone should be getting excited about.
These Hemp crackers are so simple and quick to make and they are full of delicious, savoury, nutty flavour. These crackers have a wonderful crunch and pair perfectly with hemp seed pesto or hummus. Next time you have friends over, try out these crackers for your cheese platter or to have with a selection of dips.
Hemp flour, also known as hemp bran is made by sifting the remaining fibre left over from the hulling and pressing of hemp seeds. It is very affordable and because it is so high in fibre, hemp flour is excellent for gut health.
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- 1/2 cup hemp flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbs mixed dried herbs
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbs chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160C
- Combine all of your dry ingredients and mix until they are well incorporated
- Slowly add water to the dry mix until fully incorporated
- Line a baking tray with waxed parchment paper
- Spread the cracker mix onto the parchment paper, make sure you spread the mixture as thinly as possible, this will ensure you have super crispy crackers
- Using a knife cut out the outline of your crackers so that you can break them apart when they’re cooked
- Put your crackers in the oven for 30 minutes
- At 30 minutes flip crackers and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, turn the oven down if they are starting to brown
- Place on a cooling rack
- Break apart your crackers when they are cool
Store your hemp crackers in an air-tight container