GHM Wholemeal Hemp Flour contains 30% complete protein and 40% dietary fibre. Containing only 2.9% carbohydrates, Wholemeal Hemp Flour is suitable for low carb diets.
GHM Wholemeal Hemp Flour is made from Australian grown, spray-free hemp seeds and is a by-product of harvesting the oil from the seed. Once the seed is cold pressed the remaining meal is sifted and then milled at low temperatures, keeping the nutrients intact and available. The result is a fine meal that can be used in baking.
- 100g Wholemeal Hemp Four
- 450g Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 350ml warm water
- 1 sachet dried yeast
- 2 tsp brown sugar or maple syrup
- Add dried yeast and sugar to the warm water (do not use hot water as this will kill the yeast).
- Allow the yeast to activate and foam (10-15 mins).
- Mix spelt and Hemp Flour together with the oil salt and yeast solution.
- Once mixed, knead thoroughly for 10 minutes on a wooden board atop a slip proof rubber mat (or damp Hemp Tea Towel).
- Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil, place the kneaded dough inside and allow to rise in a warm place for 40 minutes.
- Place in a fan assisted oven at 200c for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a bread rack before consuming.